University of Miami Libraries funds APCs for affiliated authors publishing in PLOS journals.
On January 1, 2022, an agreement between the University of Miami Libraries and Public Library of Science (PLOS) will begin. The agreement allows University of Miami researchers to participate in PLOS' Community Action Publishing (CAP) program. Author-paid article processing charges (APCs) will be eliminated and replaced with annual fees paid by the Libraries.
This agreement allows University of Miami researchers who are listed as corresponding authors to publish in any of the 12 PLOS journals (listed below) at no additional cost to themselves or their funding agencies. This initial agreement ends on December 31, 2024. Click here to explore your open access publishing options with PLOS.
View current UM PLOS publications at Scholarship@Miami in Research Collections.
- Do I need an ORCiD to participate in this PLOS agreement?
- How can I participate in this UM PLOS agreement?
- Is there a limit to the number of articles that can be published in PLOS journals under this agreement?
- Is there a limit to the number of articles that one researcher can submit to PLOS under this agreement?
- What is my cost to participate in this PLOS agreement?
- Which journals are included in the PLOS agreement?
- Who can participate in this UM PLOS agreement?
- Why should I publish Open Access?