Welcome to the Richter Library's Guide to Kinesiology!
Rafer Johnson, Olympic Torch Lighting Ceremony. Los Angeles, July 28th, 1984.
Provided by AP Image Archive.
Hello all, and welcome to the University of Miami Libraries' Guide to Kinesiology! The purpose of this guide is to help you navigate through the many sports sciences -related resources available to you through the University of Miami Libraries system.
- American Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Journal of Sports Medicine
- Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- British Journal of Sports Medicine
- Clinical Biomechanics
- Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine
- Exercise and Sport Sciences Review
- International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism
- International Journal of Sports Medicine Thieme Connect
- Journal of Applied Physiology Free Medical Journals; Highwire Press
- Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport - Elsevier CklinicalKey Journals or Proquest Research Library
- Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology Human Kinetics and SPORTDiscus
- Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research **OVID
- Medicine and Science in Sport and Exercise same OVID
- Sports Medicine Springer
Peer reviewed, clinically oriented publication for physicians but also useful to other clinical professionals in sport science. (Many articles are in PubMed)
SPORTDiscus with Full Text
Indexes international literature of sports medicine, exercise physiology, sports psychology, training, nutrition, coaching, sociology of sports, and related topics. Also covers recreation, games, play, and dance.
A peer reviewed journal and site for various aspects of conducting sport research, e.g., A peer reviewed journal and site for sport research particulary for study design and statistics. In addition to the main section of the home page, be sure to investigate information sources on the left and far right columns.
Sport Statistics - Journals & Publications
From the American Statistical Association.
PEDro Physiotherapy Evidence Database - free database containing over 42,000 randomised trials, systematic reviews and clinical practice guidelines in physiotherapy. Also useful for SportScience, Kinesiology, Occupational Therapy, or anything related to musculoskeletal functioning.