Welcome to the Research Guide for the subject discipline of Economics. This guide provides you with recommended library resources for your research. If you have a research question, which this guide does not address please click here.
List of 100+ Business Databases
The University of Miami subscribes to over 700 online databases. From the list of 700, over 100 databases are dedicated to the subject discipline of business. Click the link above to access all the business databases.
Remote access to the University of Miami's online database is possible from anywhere in the world as long as you have internet access. Once you have selected a library research database, you will be prompted for your CaneID name and password. This process is necessary to authenticate your enrollment status at UM.
NOTE: If you have a firewall on your computer, please bring down the firewall. All the library research databases contain encrypted data and this will not pass through a firewall.
Brookings Institute Economic Impact Reports
Deloitte Insights - Economic Impact of COVD-19 article
Dun & Bradstreet Analysis - Business Impact of the Coronavirus
EIU - Responding to the economic & business impacts of COVID-19
Gartner - Coronavirus collection of webinars, white papers, and articles
Goldman Sachs Insights - COVID-19
IBISWorld Analyst Insights - Industry Fast Facts
IMF and COVID-19
McKinsey & Co. - Featured Insights on COVID-19 reports
Moody’s - Coronavirus Effects Industry Reports
Morningstar - Coronavirus videos, reports, and stock analyst updates
National Association of Home Builders - Impact of COVID-19
Standard & Poor Global - Coronavirus white papers, market reports, analyses and more
University of Chicago Booth Business School's Chicago Booth Review COVID-19 article collection
- Broward County Area (SE Florida)
- Bureau of Economic and Business Research
- Charlotte County Area (SW Florida)
- Clay County Area (NE Florida)
- Collier County Area (SW Florida)
- Florida's Economy at a Glance
- Florida's Office of Economic & Demographic Research
- Hernando County Area (West Central Florida)
- Miami Dade County Area (SE Florida)
- Orlando Area (Central Florida)
- Pinellas County Economic Development
- Sarasota County Area (SW Florida)
- St. Petersburg/Clearwater Area (West Central Florida)
- Volusia County Area (East Central Florida)
- 100 Years of U.S. Consumer Spending
- Bureau of Economic Analysis National Data - GDP & Personal Income
A free website that features GDP & personal income, fixed assets, GDP by industry plus more.
- Economist Intelligence Unit Data Tool
- Federal Reserve Economic Data (FRED)
- Historical Statistics of the United States, Colonial Times to 1970 (part I)
This site offers statistics on population, prices, income, social statistics, and other economic factors from colonial times to 1970.
- Historical Statistics of the United States, Colonial Times to 1970 (part II)
This site offers statistics on energy, enterprise, manufacturing, and other economic factors from colonial times to 1970.
- Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR)
ICPSR is the world's largest archive of research and instructional data in the social sciences. Data collections available for secondary analysis include national opinion polls, attitude surveys, census and economic data. The University of Miami is one of over 500 member colleges and universities, and UM faculty and students can download data and documentation for their own research and instructional purposes.
- IMF e-Library Datasets
- IMF's International Financial Statistics Yearbook
Gain access to IMF's International Financial Statistics Yearbook. Statistical data can be downloaded as a MS Word, Excel or PDF file.
- International Macroeconomic Data Set
This free site includes annual growth rates, percent changes and projections from 1969 to present.
- OECD Economic Outlook
This subscription database contains historical statistics, unemployment, GDP and population tables. Bi-annual data is available from 1997-present. Only available in PDF format.
- OECD iLibrary - Economic Surveys
This site offers comprehensive analysis of developments in the subject country, key economic challenges, and recommendations for the OECD countries. Information available 18 times yearly, from 1961 to present. Only available in PDF format.
- OECD iLibrary - All statistics
This subscription database contains all the publications and datasets released by OECD, IEA, NEA, OECD Development Centre, PISA, and ITF.
- PENN World Table
The Penn World Table is a set of national-accounts data developed and maintained by scholars at the University of Pennsylvania to measure real GDP (per capita) from the corresponding relative price levels across countries and over time.
- Political Risk Yearbook
Political Risk Yearbook forecasts the risk of doing business in 100 countries. Each includes comments and analysis on recent events, profiles of key political players, and wide-ranging forecast scenarios, as well as basic historical and political background and data on the government, political entities, the environment, and the economy, including key sectors.
- Social Explorer
Provides access to current and historical census data. Coverage includes the U.S., Canada, Europe, and some global data.
- Statistical Abstract of Israel
- Statistical Abstract of the United States
Statistics on the social, political, and economic organization of the United States.
- United Nations Data
This database offers information on education, energy, finance, industry, trade, and tourism. Information available from 1992 to present.
- World Bank's Databank
- World Bank's World Development Indicators
- Academy of Economics & Finance
- American Economic Association
- Amerrican Economic Association Committee on the Status of Women in the Economics Profession
- American Real Estate & Urban Economics Association
- Association for Social Economics
- Association for University Business & Economics Research
- Association of Environmental & Resource Economists
- Financial Economics Network
- International Research Center for Energy & Economic Development
- National Association for Business Economics
- National Association for Economic Educators
- National Association of Forensic Economics
- National Economic Association
- Peterson Institute for International Economics
- Society for the Advancement of Socio-Economics
- Society of Government Economists