- Bibliographies, Dictionaries & Encyclopedias
- Databases & Indexes
- Archives and Special Collections
The collection provides support for study and research for our students and faculty in the Department of Modern Languages and Literatures. The Libraries have strong collections in Spanish and French languages and literatures at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Of special note is the extensive collection pertaining to the Caribbean area, specifically Cuban and Fracophone literature in the region. The Libraries also mantain collections in German and Italian languages and literatures to support undergraduate research needs.
UM sudents, staff, and faculty have access to Mango Languages which offers online learning in 71 languages. English language learning is also available. Watch movies with subtitles in your chosen language and practice on the go with the mobile app.
Welcome to the Modern Languages and Literatures subject guide. I hope you find this guide and its contents a useful resource for your research needs. If you have any questions, or would like more specialized help, don't hesistate to get in touch with me.
- ARTFL Encyclopédie - Encyclopédie ou Dictionnaire Raisonné des Sciences, des Arts et des Métiers: (Electronic version of Diderot's 18th century Encyclopedia)
- Le Dictionnaire de L’Académie Française (8e ou 9e édition)
- Dictionnaire Vivant de la Langue Française
- Encyclopédie de la Francophonie (Index des sujets)
- Encyclopedia of Diderot & d ’Alembert – Collaborative Translation Project